The QC associate is responsible to monitor incoming product quality. Tasks carried out by the QC associate must follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) established for the department. The QC associate must assist the QC department in achieving monthly project goals.
Product Certificate of Analysis Database:
• To maintain a database for requesting, receiving, logging and storing of all bulk and finished good COAs (certificate of analysis).
• To monitor the status of all COAs to ensure each is received per product lot.
• To review all COA’s received for accuracy and adherence to specifications; and to notify the QC supervisor of any discrepancies in a timely manner.
• To save all COA’s digitally into the related system and to store physical copies in their respective lot folders.
Product Inspection Control System:
• To inspect and sampling all incoming products and report findings to QA/QC supervisor.
• To ensure all products meet specific standards and is free from any form of defects or errors.
• To communicate any inspection deviations to the QC supervisor in a timely manner and assist in the resolution of the problem.
• To inform Warehouse manager if any product must be placed on hold area for further quality inspection.
• To assist and to work closely with the QA/QC Supervisor to resolve all flagged and damaged product inquiries.
• To maintain and monitor the storage of retains and samples at the company warehouse.
Product Regulatory Documents:
• To take responsibility for obtaining regulatory documents for all incoming products (i.e. raw material COAs, certificate of quality, etc.) by communicating with the QC supervisor and product suppliers.
• To verify that all regulatory documents obtained are current and accurate.
• To verify that all regulatory documents meet the required specifications.
• To ensure GMPs and food safety procedures are followed by warehouse employees.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Quality Control in Spice Industry: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a QC role, or a combination of education and relevant experience. (Preferred)
Computer Programs: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Chrome (web browser), Adobe Reader
• Knowledge of spice quality standards, regulations and GMPs.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze, problem solve, multi-task and follow-up.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
Rate: $15-$16 per hour.
Resume is a plus
Accepting Applications (Monday – Friday 8am – 3pm)
2505 E. Florence Ave
Huntington Park, CA 90255